Work at the Y
The YMCA of Ithaca & Tompkins County is looking for dedicated, qualified individuals to help in our cause. If you think you are up to the challenge, below you will find a list of employment opportunities currently available.
Marketing Communications Coordinator
This position supports the work of the Y's cause through development and implementation of effective marketing and communications strategies.
Front Desk and Building Supervisor
* Develops marketing plan for the next year, including objectives and goals that mirrors that Y's operational and strategic plan. Monitors this plan through a calendar and ensures objectives are met.
* Develops, produces, and distributes program information necessary to promote assigned programs, and in concert with strategic plan, including membership, program, fundraising, and special events.
* Establishes and sustains contact with media representatives, and writes and submits press releases, newsletters, promotional pieces, website articles, and campaign materials as necessary with all media (printed and electronic).
* Develops, monitors, administers, and maintains Y website
* Becomes a champion for Y receipting platform, including operations, mobile app, and member engagement
* Makes presentations to groups about the Y
* If applicable, hires, trains, and supervises marketing/social media staff and/or volunteers.
* Provides and maintains related statistics and reports
* Has knowledge of basic IT and computer operations
* Understands and can train on the charitable nature of the Y, and leads certain aspects of fundraising campaigns, including reporting and supportive materials, along with the administrative staff
* Assists in planning and coordinating special events.
* Strong collaboration
* Strong communication
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Knowledge of Y philanthropy, mission, cause, and voice
This job opportunity offers the energetic candidate many diverse responsibilities incorporated into one important, front line position. Candidates should demonstrate a desire to serve others by providing excellent member service while understanding and exhibiting YMCA values. The applicant must be able to communicate effectively and engage well with others. Excellent work ethic, punctuality and reliable attendance are a must. Candidates should have no less than 2 years of customer service and member engagement experience, work well both by themselves and as part of a team, and must be responsible and honest. The Y is seeking individuals for positions that are both during the week and on the weekends, and candidate must be willing to pick up additional shifts when able.
School Age Before and After School Counselor
Motivated youth development counselors are needed at the Cassavant Elementary School (Dryden school district), Groton Elementary School, and on-site at the Ithaca YMCA (Ithaca and Lansing school districts), to work at the YMCA school age childcare after-school program during the 2018/2019 school year. Staff are needed 5 days a week for both the before-school and after-school times at the Groton and Cassavant sites and after-school times on-site.
Qualified candidates are positive youth role models age 18 years old or older, with a high school diploma and at least 1 year of experience working with children ages 5-12. Energetic candidates are involved in development, organization, and implementation of elementary school age programming, including games and sports, reading and literacy, arts and crafts, homework assistance, snack preparation, creative play, and character development according to YMCA best standards.
Please fill out the application to apply and resumes are encouraged.
Experienced candidate who works with a team and appreciates youth ages 6 weeks to 9 years is sought to provide support and implement activities for member and non-member children in a safe, creative, and fun atmosphere. Job requirements include one year previous experience in a group child care setting, and/or education in related field. General responsibilities include ability to respond to needs of children, initiate and interact with games and play, enforces safe practices, and do arts and crafts projects. Candidate must be a role model to all participants and to other staff, members and children, participate in staff meetings and in-service trainings, and ensure procedures for sign in of children are accounted for on documentation. Candidate must support the mission and direction of the YMCA, understand and support the cause of the Y, display Y values, and convey enthusiasm for the YMCA and his/her work, while providing a quality experience for members, participants, and others.
Needed to work various shifts at the YMCA in Ithaca. Applicants should be at least 16 years old, responsible, and must have reliable transportation. Applicants must hold current American Red Cross or similar Life Guarding and CPR for the Professional Rescuer/Lifeguard Certifications.
The Ithaca Y is looking for dedicated individuals who want to help enrich the lives of the local children and adults while teaching swim lessons. We offer lessons everyday of the week, all year long.
The swim instructor's primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of all participants in his/her class. The ideal candidate would provide quality aquatic instruction in adherence to the Ithaca YMCA Swim Lesson Curriculum and offers feedback to both the child and the child's parents.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.